5 Steps to Hold Your Event
Mission Bay Parks has the ideal setting for your event. Reserve a beautiful outdoor space for a private gathering of a small or large group—from a handful to hundreds of people. Come to enjoy the Mission Bay sunbelt for birthday parties, weddings, retreats, team events, sports tournaments, performances and more. We have an experienced team of event specialists dedicated to helping you to create a one-of-a-kind event to remember.
We offer beautiful, expansive lawns and tree-lined patios, plazas, esplanades with views of the City and bay, overlooks of Mission Creek, a boat launch, sports courts, and even an indoor, light-filled Pavilion with floor to ceiling windows. Just follow the five steps below to start planning your unforgettable family or group event at Mission Bay Parks. We look forward to working with you.
Choose an Event TypeDecide what kind of event you would like to have at Mission Bay Parks
Pick a Venue | Date + Get the DetailsDecide where and when to hold your event then check the venue details below
Kids’ ParkClick for details
Southern Park AreasClick for details
Northern Park AreasClick for details
Mariposa ParkClick for details
Mission Bay CommonsClick for details
Bay Front Mariposa ParkClick for details
PavilionClick for details
Sports CourtClick for details
Submit an Event Permit ApplicationPermits are required for all events on park property for groups of 25 or more and for smaller events in the popular Kids’ Park.
- Event permit applications must be submitted 30 days prior to event date.
- Photo | Film Shoot permit applications must be submitted 30 days prior to event date.
- For large and more complex events, an in-person meeting and walkthrough of the space are required with no exceptions.
- Events with special requirements should provide a layout description and/or drawing of your event set up.
- MBP Event Staff will provide a written estimate for rental space and fees based on the information provided by the applicant on the Event Permit Application form that they submit.
- Event and rental fees will vary based on size, space requirements, amenities, security and staffing required.
Co-Insure + PayA Certificate of Insurance is required from the Event Permit Applicant and all providers of event services and equipment.