So if you’ve been waiting for an opportunity to let your kids let loose, and let off some pent up stress from the pandemic, the Kids’ Park is waiting for you and your little ones.
This very popular park for tots to school-aged children is united around natural themes of water, exploration, and discovery. It’s also the perfect place to get outdoors and play in a safe and convenient location—especially right now.
Kids’ Park reopens focused on safety for all
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to take its course, risks to our community are still present. And as a result, every visitor to Mission Bay Parks is required to follow new safety protocols and to adapt to this ongoing challenge.
According to the California Department of Public Health, following the guidelines below will ensure a safe environment for children and families when using the Kids’ Park.
- | For everyone 2 years of age or older, face masks over the mouth and nose are required
- | Caregivers must supervise and ensure face mask use at all times
- | Eating or drinking in the park is prohibited
- | Wash or sanitize hands before and after using the park
- | Limit visit to 30 minutes per day when others are present
- | Caregivers must keep adults and children from different households at least 6′ apart
- | Avoid using the Kids’ Park when different households are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6′
- | Consider visiting or using the park at different times or days to avoid crowds or waiting for use
- | Seniors and individuals with underlying medical conditions should avoid the park when others are present
Plan your next outdoor event for kids
Our Kids’ Park Event Packages make planning your family picnic, a child’s birthday party, or just a play-time get together quick and easy. We offer three, simple event solutions that provide the opportunity to reserve a specific location right within the Kids’ Park.
To learn more about planning an event at the Mision Bay Kids’ Park, just follow the five steps outlined on our Event Planning page and submit an application for an Event Permit. We look forward to working with you and hosting your event at Mission Bay Parks.
Stay up to date and in the know
If you would like to stay up-to-date and receive the latest news and information about the impact of COVID-19, events, announcements, and more at Mission Bay Parks, just click the button below and join our growing community.
We look forward to seeing you and your little one’s in Mission Bay to enjoy all that our unique Kids’ Park to offer.
Please stay healthy and safe.
As Manager of Mission Bay Parks overseeing all aspects of day to day park operations, Catherine Hickey serves as the first point of contact for park visitors, tenants, vendors and contractors. Send Cathy an email or just call 415.684.9896.